Whatever is on my mind at that moment or something deep (LOL) I have been thinking about, it's all fair game with me!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Uno Chicago Grill, not just Pizza anymore!!

Rob and I decided to go to 'Uno Chicago Grill' for Valentine's Day. I get e-mails from them all the time showing new stuff so we have wanted to go for a while.

I have to say I was really surprised by how much their menu had changed!

In case you don't know or remember it used to be called 'Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill' and they basically had pizza and maybe some salad. Rob loved going there cause he loves deep dish pizza which was the specialty of Uno.

Now that the name has changed so has the menu in a really good way. They still have pizza but now they also offer a wonderful flatbread pizza. They also offer steak, chicken, seafood, burgers, sandwiches and much more. The appetizers are also very appealing, ranging from basic wings to potato pizza skins to the yummy (it's what we had) shrimp and lobster fun-doo (however I recommend letting it cool down because we both burned our mouths)

Rob had his usual farmers market deep dish and I had the chef's special thin crust, which just means I get to pick three toppings and I also got to mine with pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce.


My pizza was amazing! I got sausage, chicken and eggplant. It was perfect with the pesto sauce and the sausage was sweet which added a nice flavor to it all.

I had a bite of Rob's also which had spinach, eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, caramelized onions and pesto sauce. I am not a huge fan of onions or cooked tomatoes but it all blended together really nice too!

For dessert we both had mini deserts, which are just smaller portions.  We both got the banana's foster. It was the perfect size and was so yummy.

I definitely think they have upgraded from just a pizza place and I would love to go back and try some of the other items they offer but the best part is it's still a great place to have pizza or even take Nikki too because they have a pizza that the kids get to make themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment