Whatever is on my mind at that moment or something deep (LOL) I have been thinking about, it's all fair game with me!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Can I really do this?

So I have been ready a lot. I have time to do it at work and some at home. It really started last summer when I was working the night shift at a hotel. I had tons of time. So it started out with whatever books had been left by guests that seemed interesting. Then I bought some books and then I discovered the House of Night series. I was hooked. Yes it's definitely geared towards teens but I loved the story and the characters. I read the first three books in about a week and was sad that I had to wait a few months for the fourth book to come out.
So I went to the book store and checked out the teen section.


That is when I fell in love with Twilight. I am not ashamed to admit it either. Loved all four books, loved the movie and can't wait for the next one! However that series was WAY better then the HoN. Of course after I finished those I started to read others. Vampire Academy, Sweep and then even branched out into ones that where not supernatural and found Crank, Tweak and Rob got me into the Odd Thomas books.


During all this reading (and yes more then what I listed here, lol) I started to get ideas for stories my self. I mean I love to write. I have always done it but just for shits and giggles. This time I really thought that I could write something that could sell (Rob by the way thinks I am crazy with that idea) so I set out to do it.


And so here I am, writing when I have time, poorly at that but loving every second of it. Knowing I just need to get it all out, then I can go back and fine tune everything. Add more here and there and make it something teenyboppers would eat up! When I get on a kick and write it's amazing how it all just comes to me. Like nothing else in the world is going on in that moment but me and my fingers on the keyboard of my lappy.


However I keep second guessing my self and wondering 'why the hell am I doing this'. So I pose a question to all of you out there who love to write whether for fun or to be published or hell even if you have been published, what is your motivation? What keeps you going when you start to think 'fuck this sucks!'?


Maybe at some point I will post part of my story or not, maybe give you summery just to get your opinion.


Until then your thoughts........................

No comments:

Post a Comment